Collaborative Professionals of Northern Virginia (CPNV)Collaborative Practice is a dispute resolution process by which couples choose to divorce outside the traditional adversarial court-based litigation model. We are a group of collaborative professionals who offer clients the opportunity to work through separation, divorce and other matters within a model characterized by respectfulness, integrity and cooperation. Some unique aspects of Collaborative Practice include the following:
- Team based approach involving attorneys, mental health professional coaches and child specialists, and financial experts.
- Clients negotiate creative solutions that facilitate deep and durable legal, financial and emotional outcomes that they can both live with.
- Process supports cooperative co-parenting arrangements that help manage the effects of divorce on your children, protecting their best interests, preserving healthy attachments, and seeking the emotional well-being of the entire family.
- Process can often be less costly than the traditional, adversarial model.
- Clients have control of their own decisions and agreements, while the professional Team provides guidance through legal, parenting, and financial questions and the collaborative decision-making process.
You can also use the Collaborative process for:
- Prenuptial agreements
- Temporary agreements
- Post-divorce issues
- Changing support, custody or visitation
- Unmarried partners
- Inheritance/probate cases
- Business disagreements